White water rafting adventure tours through the rain forest will make your Costa Rica vacation truly one of a kind! Enjoy this once in a lifetime adventure with Aventuras Naturales, the whitewater rafting company that owns & operates the unique Pacuare Jungle Lodge & the highest Original Canopy Tour in Costa Rica!
|Only a few hours from San José, this award winner eco-lodge combines touches of luxury with a commitment to exemplary sustainable tourism practices. The two-story lodge has a comfortable, rustic dining area on the first floor, and an open-air lounge on the second floor with sitting areas and hammocks. Modern guest bungalows, thatched with palm in the traditional Cabecar Indian style, are reminiscent of ancient jungle dwellings. Each bungalow comes complete with private bathroom and shower.|
|Our honeymoon suite offers a rainforest hideaway with privacy and tranquility. A cobbled path leads you from the main lodge up to a knoll overlooking the other facilities. The features of this spacious and airy bungalow include king-sized bed, futon couch, natural wood tables with candles, and fresh tropical flower arrangements.|
|From the extensive front deck, you’ll appreciate a breathtaking view of stately ancient trees rising up from the dense vegetation covering the mountain across the river. A small, thatched-roof rancho on the deck provides a cozy, romantic shelter from which to admire the rainforest surrounds. And to top it all off, a hanging bridge will lead you from the bungalow deck to a platform high in a towering tree. This private treetop balcony offers you an unequaled immersion in the world that is the rainforest canopy.|
Try the Pacuare Canopy Adventure Tour. A multifaceted experience, this tour leads you into the exotic beauty of the tropical rainforest.
You will feel the charge of dramatic views, experience rappels descending from gigantic trees, and live the excitement of sliding along cables from tree to tree. All of this culminates in a grand finale: sliding from the very top of a towering tree down to the ground!
You will experience this excitement secure in the knowledge that you are safely anchored with professional quality safety harness, providing a unique experience that no other tour of this type offers. The most incredible aspect of this finale is that it takes you right to the lodge, just a few meters from your bungalow!
You can also choose from among other options: Day Break Activity Tour, Cabecar Indians Tour, or The “El Bajo Tigre” Experience.
| Why choose us?
1. Because the Pacuare Lodge has been designed, constructed, and operated under principles of Sustainability—evidenced by its mention as 1 of the 65 examples worldwide that the World Tourism Organization identified as models for sustainable practice.
2. Because it is the only accommodation in the Pacuare River zone that offers a stay in private bungalows, which feature private bath, beds with top-quality mattresses, porches, and privacy—all within an area of incredible natural beauty and unequaled views.
3. Because the Pacuare Lodge was chosen by Outdoor Magazine as 1 of the 10 best adventure destinations in the world, and Condé Nast Magazine chose the Pacuare Lodge’s honeymoon suite for their “Room with a View” in February 2004.
4. Because it is the only place where a trained chef prepares exquisite gourmet food. How does a three course candlelight dinner sound, with filet mignon in wild mushroom sauce and chocolate mousse? How about freshly baked bread in the morning?
5. Because you will experience the highest quality service, with knowledgeable and friendly guides and staff who will go the extra mile to make your stay unforgettable.
6. Because 99 percent of our employees are from the nearby communities—the Cabécar Indian Reserve and the village of El Bajo del Tigre.
7. Because in addition to providing jobs, the Pacuare Lodge is involved in holistically supporting the well being of the local communities through financial and in-kind donations to education and community development, staff’s active involvement in community activities, and a variety of other ways.
8. Because we promote interaction between our clients and community projects, for the purposes of intercultural exchange and growth.
9. Because besides providing an awesome adventure tour through jungle and river, including the only Original Canopy Tour in the zone, we work to share some of the biological richness of the surrounding rainforest ecosystem.
10. Because our mission is to provide you a rainforest experience that you won’t soon forget. You may leave a little piece of yourself—but the Pacuare Adventure will be with you forever.
|Optional Activities at Pacuare Lodge|
|Day Break Activity Tour||$20 p/p|
|The Cabecar Indians Tour||$55 p/p|
|Pacuare Canopy Adventure Tour||$55 p/p|
|NEW! Pacuare Tropical Canyoning||$55 p/p|
|Bajo del Tigre experience Horseback Riding Tour||$60 p/p|
|Therapeutic Massage (45 minutes)||$81 p/p|
[Back to Aventuras Naturales]